Image Map

Monday 17 February 2014

Collective Haul & First Impressions

I've got a collective haul to show you today and I will also give you my first impressions for the products I've used. 4 nail polishes, 3 lip glosses, a mascara, a foundation and a moisturiser. What can I say? I like to shop! 


Starting with the nail polish, I brought Sinful Colors' 'Winterberry', Revlon 'Autumn Spice' & 'Apricot Nectar' and a red polish from K-Mart. I've already worn the Revlon Parfumerie polishes and reviewed 'Apricot Nectar' here.  The formula of these polishes are really good and the scents last a decent amount of days. Without top coat 'Apricot Nectar' lasted 2-3 days before I got tip wear which I think is pretty good. The colour of 'Autumn Spice' didn't thrill me but nonetheless it is a nice polish for the cooler months. The polish from K-mart is 4-free and has a good formula. A very vivid tomato red. 


From the K-mart beauty clearance I grabbed two Maybelline Colorsensational lip glosses; 'Mirrored Mauve' and 'Gleaming Grenadine'. These glosses are lovely. 'Mirrored Mauve' is lovely pinky MLBB gloss for me and doesn't feel sticky at all. The only downside is I find it only lasts a little over an hour. 'Gleaming Grenadine' lasts longer and has a stronger colour. A perfect red lip for me as I don't like super bold lips. If you want to try out a red lip I highly recommend 'Gleaming Grenadine'.

I've also been eyeing off the Bourjois color boost crayons for nearly a year. I finally decided to pick one up in a moment of weakness. 'Red Sunrise' is a bright red that is very opaque. I brought this thinking it would give me a sheer red lip (because it is a lip crayon) but I was wrong. This is far too bold for me which is unfortunate because all other aspects of this product are great. It feels very creamy, lasts for a long time and doesn't dry out your lips. The colour range available is quite small and I hope they release more "easy to wear" colours. A great product, just not for me. 



I didn't have any lip liners and decided it was time I got some. I've heard great things about the Essence lip liners and at $1.75 I figured they were perfect for beginners like me! I got two, 'Satin Mauve' and 'In The Nude'.  Haven't used these yet so can't give you my first impressions of them yet. 



Again, from the K-Mart beauty clearance I got the newly released Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation for $5. Bargain of the century? I also needed a new moisturiser because for a few weeks I've been shaking my moisturiser bottle upside every bottle and getting more moisturiser dregs on my bedroom walls and not on my face. So I brought the Origins Vitazing moisturiser. Having only used it twice I can't give you a lot of details but it is very lightweight and sinks in quickly. 



For the eyes I grabbed the Maybelline 'Designer Chocolates' eyeshadow quad from the K-Mart beauty clearance and from Priceline the mascara I have been wearing for years, Physician's Formula Organic Wear. Priceline currently has $10 off Physician's Formula so I figured it was a good time to pick a new one up. 



Phew!!! That was one long post. If you are reading this good job on getting to the end :) As you can see I have done quite a bit of shopping lately. Thanks for reading, 
cheers :)





4 comments:

  1. Great haul! I love Origins and really want to try the Revlon parfumerie polishes xx

    Jasmine Cara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, you should definitely try the revlon polishes!

      Delete
  2. Great haul indeed! You really seem to have great products here. I have also tried the Revlon nail polishes, the apricot nectar and I love it. I am planning to try out the Autumn spice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty excited to finally have some of these products. Think I should stay away from the shops for awhile now though :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.