Image Map

Friday 14 February 2014

Revlon Parfumerie Apricot Nectar Scented Nail Polish Review

The Revlon Parfumerie nail polishes have recently hit the shelves in Australia. They are something a little different as they are scented nail polishes and to be honest I haven't come across any drugstore scented polishes before. The range itself is very extensive and contains three categories; the Fruits & Florals, Sweets & Spices and the Freshes. I found it very difficult to pick only two to buy but eventually I decided and Apricot Nectar is one of the lucky ones that got to come home with me.



Apricot Nectar is from the Fruits & Florals section of the range and is a very pretty orange based peach creme that somehow manages to be a pastel bordering on neon.Does that even make sense? I found the first coat to be quite streaky but a second coat seemed to fix most of the problems. Next time I will probably go for three coats though because the drying time of this polish is so great that an extra coat is no worries.

When I was painting my nails the polish smelt very sweet and a bit fruity. The scent continued to hang around once my nails dried, even after washing. After a day of wearing the polish the scent is less noticeable. From reading other blogs I decided not to wear a top coat (as I had read that this might interfere with the whole scent thing). Without a top coat you can get 2-3 days of wear before tip wear starts to appear, which is pretty decent. Colour me impressed!

Apricot Nectar is a beautiful peachy orange creme polish with a good formula (although a little streaky), good drying time and is accompanied by a yummy sweet fruit scent that lasts days. Overall I really love this polish and can see myself wearing a lot.



10 comments:

  1. I've been so tempted to buy these. The colour range is great. I love the Apricot colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these are still 2 for $20 at Priceline :)

      Delete
  2. Such cute bottles! Rimmel had (or still have, I'm not sure) scented polishes as well.
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks for letting me know! I'll have to go look for the rimmel ones...I quite like the idea of scented nail polish :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely bottle and the color is so pretty :)
    I own a few Rimmel scented ones and they are pretty lovely :) Especially the strawberry and lemon scented ones :)
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the sound of lemon scented polish! Cheers :)

      Delete
  4. These new polishes are so appealing with that beautiful bottle and the scent aspect. I love your colour choice! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...interesting. I have never tried scented nail colors and I think this will be my first. I am willing to try it out for it seems like a great one to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you please share your secret to getting it look this way?! Ive tried three times, mine is streaky and I tried four coats with ten minutes drying time between coats. This is the only one out of the ten colours I have that is horrible i'm quite sad!

    http://fittnixx.blogspot.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.