Image Map

Tuesday 10 January 2017

2016 Skincare Favourites


Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face Superscreen SPF50

I adore Mecca Cosmetica's To Save Face Superscreens. They come in both SPF50+ and SPF30+. For some reason there is a difference in how they feel and their formulas. I typically stray towards the SPF50 because it offers a higher level of protection. It doesn't have that yucky sunscreen scent, it absorbs into the skin super quickly and makes applying make-up easier, it sort of acts like a primer too. Bonus! You can read my full review by clicking here. Compared to the SPF50 version the SPF30 version feels more creamy.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment

Last February I visited Las Vegas and I had to pay a visit to Sephora. Which is where I purchased two sugar lip treatments from Fresh. AND OH MY GOD it is seriously the only lip balm I have worn all year. In 2015 I would easily have tried out at least a dozen lip balms. This though is my holy grail of lip balms. Unlike other lip balms it doesn't dry out lips out in the long-term. It has a luxurious plump feeling on the lips, lasts forever on the lips and has a delicious scent. The tinted version is also really nice.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturiser

When it comes moisturiser, my list of requirements is rather long:
- Leaves  no yucky residue behind.
- Doesn't interfere with how my make-up applies.
- Doesn't interfere with how my make-up lasts.
- Doesn't make me feel oily at the end of the day.
- Absorbs into my skin instantly.
- Leaves my skin feeling moisturised but not overly moisturised (does that make any sense?)

I find that the Ultra Facial Moisturiser from Kiehl's satisfies everything I look for in a moisturiser. I'm on my second tub of it and I'll probably re-purchase a third. It's a great basic moisturiser.

Clinique Clarifying Lotion

I overhauled my skincare routine in 2016 and for the first time in a long time I have been using more than just a cleaner and moisturiser. I introduced the Clarifying Lotion from Clinique into my routine and noticed a definite improvement in my skin. Some people say bad things about Clinique and that this is a drying product. I'm not sure where I sit on all that but overall I really think it has improved my skin.

Clique Liquid Facial Soap

Continuing on with the Clinique theme...I splurged on this cleanser and really enjoy it. It doesn't dry your skin out but it still gives that clean feeling. Used in combination with the Clinqiue Clarifying Lotion and the Ultra Facial Moisturiser, I noticed a drastic reduction in pimples and break outs! Yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.