Image Map

Friday 9 September 2016

Essence colour & care 'I care for you' Review

Essence have a new line of nail polishes, in addition to their colour & go collection they now have a colour & care collection. The colour & care collection consists of 4 polishes and all are soft, creamy and pastel shades. 'I care for you' is a gorgeous pale pink polish.




The polishes from this collection are marketed as nail polishes that are made with natural ingredients and with strengthening properties.

The ingredients are:
BUTYL ACETATE, ETHYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, ISOSORBIDE DICAPRYLATE/CAPRATE, ADIPIC ACID/NEOPENTYL GLYCOL/TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE COPOLYMER, ALCOHOL DENAT., STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, DIACETONE ALCOHOL, N-BUTYL ALCOHOL, TRIMETHYLPENTANEDIYL DIBENZOATE, BENZOPHENONE-1, PHOSPHORIC ACID, CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). 

As you can see these nail polishes are 5-free, that is free from the 5 ingredients that should be avoided in nail polishes (dibutyl phthalate, toluene, camphor, formaldehyde and formaldehyde resin). 


The formula of this nail polish is really good, quite thin but easy to work with thanks to a lovely brush. The brush is flat and very wide, making it easy to coat your nails with minimal strokes. After two coats I felt like the polish was opaque however on a few nails I felt like I could do another coat. They were opaque but there was a very faint streak. Another coat solved this problem and in the future I can see myself stopping at 2 coats. The coats themselves dry quite quickly. 

I always wear base coat but for the first time in probably four years (yes seriously) I applied this with no base coat!!! The polish applied well onto my nails and didn't emphasise any random bumps on my nails. At work I am very very very tough on my nails, so please keep that in mind...on the third day I started developing a little bit of tip wear. There were no major  chips or anything. I was really pleased with this as it was with no base-coat or top-coat and, as I said, my job is out to murder polished nails.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.