Image Map

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Discovering: New TV Shows

Today I am kicking off a new weekly series, the 'Discovering' series. Each week there will be a different theme. In the coming weeks there will be posts on podcasts, day trips, and handbags for uni. If you have a suggestion please let me know and I would love to know what you think of this new series :) Anyway, back to what's hot on the box at the moment!


Broadchurch Season 2 

Last week season 2 of Broadchurch began. Having only seen the first two episodes (obviously) it seems a little preemptive to say this but...I think it is might be even better than season 1!!! You have only missed two episodes so if you loved season 1, tune into ABC on Sunday night at 8:30pm. You can catch-up with the first two episodes on ABC iview I dare say! I really enjoyed season 1, did you? If you have never heard of Broadcurch before, it is an English crime drama starring David Tennant and Olivia Colman. In season 1 we saw the effect that the murder of a young boy had on the community. In season 2 we continue to see the effects that the murder investigation had on the small community, and follow the trial of the accused murderer.  There is another new storyline being weaved into season 2 as well. I am absolutely dreadful at describing things so even if Broadchurch doesn't sound that great to you, it is probably just my inability to describe it properly. I love how they do things and go places with the show that other more generic crime dramas don't. I don't want to spoil anything though so that is all I am saying on the topic.

How to Get Away with Murder

Now onto some new television shows. How to get away with murder has started on chanel 7 and so far it has me hooked. Since the advertisements started for it months ago I thought I might like it. But I didn't realise it would be this unique. I feel like a lot of crime shows are identical but this one is quite unique and keeps you guessing, all the time. The show follows a criminal law professor / criminal defence lawyer and her law students. Together they build cases for their clients. Oh and did I forget to mention a group of her students have committed a murder and are trying to get away with it. We don't know yet who murdered who or what happened, but we are slowly learning about the murder through flashbacks. 

Forever 

Another new show on our screens this February is Forever. The protagonist of the show is a New York medical examiner who is immortal. Forever includes the typical police procedural type of plots and also follows the protagonist as he tries to discover why he is immortal.

What television shows are you loving at the moment? I would love to know...I am a tv junkie!
Cheers




4 comments:

  1. The ads for Forever look good. Currently, I'm loving The Flash (new one). But I really want to start watching Pretty Little Liars.

    xx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good, isn't it?! Looking forward to tonights episode :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pooh I'll have to check out The Flash :) Pretty Little Liars is also on my list of shows to watch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.