Image Map

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Covergirl XL Gel Nail Polish Review - Overblown Orange

Pursuing the aisles of Priceline the other day I spotted a new range of nail polishes on the Covergirl stand. The XL Gel nail polishes are suppose to give your nails a shiny gel-like look without the hassle of a UV light and last for 7 days.


'Overblown Orange' is a very vivid orange nail polish that is beautiful for these hot summer days. it is a gorgeous colour and I am absolutely in love with it. The polish colour is pretty much how it looks in the bottle, just in case you're wondering!



The formula of this polish is outstanding, with one thin coat you have opaque colour. It is a very pigmented formula with absolutely no streaks. It is also unbelievably shiny!!! I did one thin coat followed by a thicker coat. In hindsight the second coat should have also been thin because I found the polish struggled to dry quickly. I ended up using a quick drying top coat because after 15 minutes of waiting around my impatience got the better of me. The brush was quite wide and flat and was perfectly fine to apply the polish with. Overall I am super impressed by this nail polish. The only thing that isn't perfect about the polish is it's drying time but I'm sure that can be resolved by applying thin coats and/or by using a quick dry top coat.


I absolutely love this polish - it is very shiny, very opaque (even in only one thin coat), is easy to apply and a great colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.