Image Map

Tuesday 29 July 2014

July Favourites

I have lots of favourite products to share with you this month. I think a combination of a short break from uni and a pinch of bravery resulted in me shopping my stash and falling in love with some products I haven't used much in the past. I have a feeling this is going to be long post so settle in, grab a cuppa and don't forget to let me know what you have loved this month!!!


 In general I have been loving wearing blush. I didn't use to wear blush but now I find myself wearing blush every day. The two blushes I have been reaching for the most this month are Nyx's Blush in 'Mocha' and The Balm's Instain Blush in 'Argyle'. 'Mocha' is lovely warm pink that looks natural and is very buildable. I haven't worn 'Argyle' as much as 'Mocha' but it has still been loved. 'Argyle' is a very pigmented matte pink blush.


My holy grail foundation, the foundation I have repurchased a million times (okay maybe not a million but you get the idea) is the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup in the shade 'Natural Beige'. Besides being a perfect colour match for my pale winter skin it lasts for hours and hours and hours and hides my massive pores and red skin. I have been experimenting with other foundations lately which only makes me love this foundation even more. Especially the colour match. 


Another face product I have been loving is Maybelline's Dream Pure BB Cream in 'light'. For an easy make-up day I put on some primer, some of this bb cream and some blush and I'm ready to rush out the door. It is the only BB cream I have found that gives reasonable coverage, minimises my pores, hides my redness and hydrates my skin. 

To moisturise my skin during these cold winter months and keep those dreaded dry patches away I have been loving the Boots Laboratories Optiva Comforting Day Cream*. This is quite a thick and luxurious feeling cream.  With SPF 15, free from parabens and a hypoallergenic formula this is a really good moisturiser. I really love this moisturiser but only for days when I don't need my make-up to last an extremely long time. I find that if wear this moisturiser underneath my make-up, by the end of the day I  find my face to be quite oily/greasy. 

After hearing every blogger and their dog rave about the L'oreal Infallible eye shadows I finally picked one up! We don't seem to have the full range of colours here in Australia (nothing unusual about that...grrr) but I did pick up 'Forever Pink' which is a gorgeous pink shadow. I swipe this across my lid and hey presto I'm done. Whilst we are talking about the eyes I also want to quickly (because I know this post is ridiculously long) mention a mascara I have been loving - Rimmel London Lash Acceleration Endless Mascara.


On my nails I have been absolutely loving red and berry shades. Two of my favourite polishes have been 'Hot Fever' from Kit Cosmetics and 'Bordeaux' from Revlon. 'Hot Fever' is a gorgeous hybrid of a deep hot pink and deep red berry colour. Absolutely gorgeous! I recently reviewed Bordeaux (click here for the review) which is a burgundy with a crelly formula. Absolutely stunning :) 
A product I reviewed recently was the Natural Instinct Hand & Nail Cream* which is a lovely hand cream. It leaves your hands feeling really soft and smooth and since using it I have noticed that the condition of the skin around my nails and my cuticles have drastically improved. I slather it on before going to bed as I find that it does have a tendency to leave a slight residue on your hands if you apply too much, something I always do! To see my full review on this hand cream click here.


And finally, a random favourite for the month has been the Palmolive Raspberry Hand Sanitiser. This smells delicious which is unusual for a hand sanitiser. It's been living in my handbag all month! 

So those were my favourites for the month of July. I would love to know what products won your heart this month. Thanks for reading, cheers :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.