Image Map

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Winter Stocktake

Hi guys! I'm back!!! Yay :) I haven't fallen off the blogging bandwagon (I promise). I'm in my 4th year of study at uni which is crazy and had two exams and the first part of my thesis to hand in this past week.

Anyway, since I haven't been able to blog for awhile let alone have the time to play with make-up properly I thought it would be a good idea to organise my make-up. For the last month or so I have just been throwing my make-up into the drawer. Which means it was a massive mess. I also have a very messy draw of back-up products and products I haven't used yet (mostly skincare).



In my "stocktake" I discovered some gems I had forgotten about and quite a few products I have never used...oops!

Let start with the products I have had for ages but haven't quite got around to using yet.

I brought the The Balm Instain Blush in 'Argyle' for myself a couple of months ago when it was my birthday. I had been contemplating buying it for a very long time and decided that a birthday was a good excuse! I still haven't worn it yet though. I'm not very good at applying blush so really only reach for it when I know I will have enough time to fix any disasters that happen (i.e., clown cheeks). Nonetheless, I still really love this and will use it soon!



A couple of months ago the blogging world was raving about the Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation so of course I felt the temptation to pick it up. Especially since I found it for $5. I'm always wary about trying new foundations though so this got lost in the pile of products I haven't used yet. I must give this a go though!!!

For Christmas I got the Too Faced All I want for Christmas Eyeshadow & Blush compact in the 'All I want for Christmas' kit. It comes with shimmery brown and cream eyeshadows and a peach blush. I have used the make-up bag and the lipstick that the kit came with but haven't used this compact yet. All the colours are very wearable though and very "me".



The Maybelline Designer Chocolates Eyeshadow Quad is another bargain I grabbed for $5 when K-Mart was having a clearance. I haven't used this eyeshadow yet either! It seems like there is a lot of neglected eye shadow in my life...I think the Chi Chi 'Nudes' eyeshade palette is to blame. Whenever I want to do some eye make-up I reach for it. And it always delivers, pretty sure it is foolproof.

Finally, this is probably the oldest product here. The Innoxa Pure Silk Skin Primer was again...on sale! I got it during one of Priceline's amazing 40% off cosmetics sales. Does anybody feel like testing out a new primer is like conducting an experiment? I do! And I am going to stick with that excuse!



I also re-organised the draw where I keep un-opened products, back-ups, the gazillion of make-up bags I buy because they are "soooooo pretty" and old wallets I don't want to throw out (is that weird?). I prefer this layout much more to what it looked like before. Everything is relatively neat and I can see what I have now. Hopefully this will mean I won't buy as much stuff. Hahaha!



Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting back onto the blogging bandwagon!
Cheers :)

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your future posts! Uni can really put a halt on blogging! I hadn't posted since Feb until last week; the time flies when your super busy studying!

    I love the Balm blushes so you should definitely post a review on the Instain blush :)

    Brodie|brodu-soup xoxo

    p.s I keep all of my old wallets too haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who can't throw out their old wallets :) I'll post a review of the blush soon! Cheers

      Delete
  2. I wish I could find Rimmel product in my region! There are so many things I want to try from their brand.

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel...It's horrible reading reviews on products you want but can't get your hands on easily!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.