Image Map

Thursday 6 March 2014

The Blogger Made Me Buy It Tag

Hands up if you have ever brought a beauty product because you read another blogger raving about it? I know I have and thanks to many great beauty bloggers out there I have some products that I absolutely adore and would never have tried otherwise. So without further ado I'm going to get stuck into 'The Blogger Made Me Buy It' which I found on Amy's blog syslylou.





1) Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?

What a tricky question, putting me on the spot like this!

Emma from http://emmabovarybeauty.blogspot.com.au has great taste, Zoella from Youtube is amazing, G from http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com.au has a great range of reviews and swatches and Isabella from http://www.musingsofamuse.com/ covers a lot of the brands we can't get here in Oz.


2) Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?



I would never buy a product just because one person said it was good. I would always see what other bloggers thought of it too and it would have to be something I needed and if it was skincare, made from natural ingredients.   One blogger can definitely capture my interest in a product though!

3) What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?


The item I use the most and which I brought because of hearing great things is the Nyx Butter Gloss. I heard about these in every second youtube video I was watching and then when they finally became available here in Oz I got my chance to fall in love with them too. They are great for everyday life, very wearable and for a gloss last awhile. They are not sticky, smell great and give the lips a lovely wash of colour.  



4) What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?

I have never worn my Maybelline Colour Tattoos despite owning a handful of them, I just can't get them to apply nicely on my eyes. Also, I never reach for my Apocalips because it is too bold for me.  



5) Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.


Origins Ginzing Moisturiser. 
Nyx Megashine lip gloss in 'Beige'.
Bourjois Color Boost Crayon in 'Red Sunrise'.
Maybelline 'Designer Chocolates' eyeshadow quad.
Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation. 

6) Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?


Hahaha, have I ever! Reading blogs all the time means that I am constantly bombarded with reviews proclaiming that product x, y and z are the best in the world and that I must buy them! The list of products I have brought because of the hype is a very long list, some products include: Rimmel London's Apocalips, Sally Hansen's Fuzzy   Coat, Face of Australia's Glitterati collection of nail polish, Nyx's Butter Glosses, Revlon Lip Butters, Revlon Just Bittable Kissable Balm Stains and Maybelline Colour Tattoos.


7) Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?


I have (thus far) avoided the hype surrounding Mac products.  



8) Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?

I will definitely still buy a product even if I haven't read reviews about it. But at the same time if it is something that is a bit pricey or if it is something that needs to be good quality (e.g., foundation, blush,  eyeshadow) I will usually read a pile of reviews. You don't want to buy a new foundation only to find it wears off after four hours! 



If you are reading this consider yourself tagged. If you get around to doing this tag I would LOVE to read it!!! Please feel free to leave a link to your post in the comments section below. Cheers :)

2 comments:

  1. Pretty much every product in my collection is of the 'blogger made me buy it' type. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tag, makes me realise I'm not the only one haha.

    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.