Image Map

Saturday 25 January 2014

Empties #1

For the first empties post of 2014 I have small pile of empties from the end of 2013 (mostly skincare) and some products that I have decided to throw out. I'll be honest, since starting this blog I have brought way too much make-up and nail polish (oh boy that is a whole other story!). I desperately needed to cull some things as my drawer was getting very messy and disorganised. I cannot stand it when my make-up is disorganised, it drives me crazy!


I'll start with the empties. 
  • Sukin Cream Cleanser
I enjoyed using this cleanser midway through last year and appreciated how it was formulated without sulphates, petro-chemicals, artificial colours, synthetic fragrances, mineral oils, parabens and etc. The pump made it super easy to use in the shower. Repurchase? Maybe 

  • Nivea Pure and Natural Cleansing Wipes 
I had never brought make-up wipes before receiving these for free. But I quickly realised how useful they were, not for their intended use (i.e., removing your make-up) but instead for removing swatches. I often find myself with lipstick swatches all over my hand and these worked great for getting rid of swatches quickly. Repurchase? Yes 

  • Palmers Moisture Body Wash 
I got a two pack of this body wash on sale from Priceline, for around $6, awhile ago. I think the other bottle got thrown out so I only have this bottle to show you. This was a good body wash, especially for the price. The consistency of this body wash was very thin, more like a milk. It lathered nicely and did leave my legs feeling nice and moisturised. Repurchase? Yes

  •  St Ives Green Tea Scrub
This is my holy grail cleansing scrub.With salicylic acid, it keeps pimples away, and it's not too rough that you feel like you are rubbing your face raw with sandpaper . Repurchase? Yes, already have. 

  • Nivea Invisible Black & White Deodorant 
What can you say about deodorant? It works well and doesn't leave any yucky stains. Repurchase? Yes, already have. 

  • Dettol Healthy Touch Hand Sanitiser
I always keep one of these in my handbag and seem to finish them very quickly. Repurchase? Yes. 

  • Yes to Carrots Lip Butter in Melon 
I think this is the second tube of this lip balm I have used up. I absolutely love this lip balm. It moisturises my lips, feels lightweight and creamy and lasts a really decent amount of time. Probably my favourite lip balm ever. A big claim...I know! Repurchase? Yes. 

Now I'm going to move onto the products I'm throwing out. Some of these products I loved but they then got forgotten about as I moved onto other products and are definitely way past their expiry date. I'm not really a person who scrutinises the expiry dates of products (except for mascara) but if I haven't used something for over a year and it's a cheap product from the drugstore I would prefer to just buy it again. 

  • Garnier BB Cream 
This was the first BB cream that I had ever heard of. Even though I wasn't a make-up addict back when it was first released I grabbed it as soon as it hit the shelves. I remember really enjoying this but early last year I reached for it, for the first time in  months, and found it too orange. Not quite sure what happened? Repurchase? Maybe. 

  • Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Primer 
Again, before I was a make-up addict, I use to wear this everyday. I haven't used this for over an year so it is getting chucked out. I might buy it again though...Repurchase? Maybe. 

  • Rimmel London Match Perfection Blush 
This isn't an old product but I dropped it in the bathroom sink. Oops :s I really love this blush and think it deserves it's own review so I won't be going into too much detail. Repurchase? Yes, already have :)

Phew!!! That is one very long post. If you made it this far give yourself a pat on the back!
Thanks for reading, cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.